Sunday, March 21, 2010

3.5 miles wore Ubi OUT.


So yesterday was my one big day with Ubi during his visit and since he's been super supportive of my walking, one of this week's to-dos was to go on a hike which we did yesterday. We started at the Albany Target (otherwise known at Ubi's Target) then started hiking along the trail along the water. We walked around Golden Gate Fields and encountered something Ubi simply had to climb.

We then kept walking, goofing around at the various beaches and finally stopping at the SeaBreeze Fruit Stand off University.

Totally going back there at first opportunity, while I already knew they had a coffee bar, a smoothie stand and fruit,

much to my entertainment, they have a full cooler section, from Gatorade to beer and wine. They also have a food counter where they make (eeeeeeee!) fresh garlic crab. Ubi and I both grabbed snacks, rest for a second and kept moving. The endgame? EmeryBay Food Court (AKA Food Heaven), for a total of 3.5 miles. And I think this picture sums it all up.


Hee hee. Poor Ubi. He said he should've trained before going on a walk with me.

1 comment:

Claire Kiefer said...

I wanna do a walk with you really soon! I did the Land's End hike today, which is of course GORGEOUS, but also like to do stuff around our hoods. Let me know next time you wanna do a long one!